New business support
When starting up in business there’s a lot to think about so it’s a good idea to get professional advice from the start and along the way.
Business start-up – things to bear in mind
• Do you have a business plan? This is a crucial roadmap for your new company.
• How much money do you need and what will it be used for?
• Can you finance things yourself or do you need funding?
• What business structure will you use? Are you setting up as a sole trader, partnership or limited company?
• Where are you going to trade from – home or business premises?
• Are you recruiting staff and have you thought about employment issues & payroll?
Read our business start-up factsheet for more information.
Starting a business – finding the right help
It will pay to talk to a professional accountant. They can help you avoid costly pitfalls when starting up and will save you money in the long run. At Birchtree Sullivan we can advise you on all aspects of starting up in business and help your business grow.
Make sure your accountancy firm can grow with you – will they be able to cope when your business grows? Being part of Birchtree Sullivan our local accountancy practice can deal with business from start-up, through growth and right through to exit.
Use your accountant as an advisor and not just a bookkeeper. They should be able to give you great ideas for planning, running and growing your business. We at Birchtree Sullivan are business owners ourselves so we can not only help with the numbers but can advise on a wide range of business challenges.
How can Birchtree Sullivan help?
• Setting up the company
• Business planning
• Managing your cash flow
• Taxes and all the paperwork
• VAT & PAYE registration
• IT and accounting systems
What makes Birchtree Sullivan different?
We’re local – and national: Birchtree Sullivan is located in London so we’re on your doorstep when you need us as a business start-up – and big enough to support you as you expand, but we work with clients across the UK including Scotland, England and Wales.
Experienced: We’ve advised thousands of start-up businesses like yours and They’re in every conceivable sector, right across the UK.
Extra advice: Our form is an owner managed the business so we understand the challenges and issues you face. Our advice is based on own experience and we are always on your side, which is essential when you’re starting a business.